TS Magna Immobiliser bypass

Technical information, definitions, advice, and support for factory ECU remapping, aftermarket systems, and much more.
EddieM
State: Queensland
Model: Mitsubishi Magna 1995 TS
Engine: 3.0-Litre 6G72 V6 12V SOHC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

TS Magna Immobiliser bypass

Post by EddieM » 02 Feb 2020, 13:52

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and was wondering if any one can tell me how to bypass the immobiliser in a 1995 TS Magna V6 manual. I am unable to start my car as I believe the immobilser has be tripped. When I turn the key nothing happens. I think this affects the Power Transistor, Fuel pump and starter motor.

Thanks

WytWun
State: Australian Capital Territory
Model: Mitsubishi Magna TJ AWD
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V SOHC

Re: TS Magna Immobiliser bypass

Post by WytWun » 04 Feb 2020, 00:08

EddieM wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 13:52
I'm new to this site and was wondering if any one can tell me how to bypass the immobiliser in a 1995 TS Magna V6 manual. I am unable to start my car as I believe the immobilser has be tripped. When I turn the key nothing happens. I think this affects the Power Transistor, Fuel pump and starter motor.
I have little information about the 2nd gen setup, but the 3rd gen immobiliser only takes out the injectors and (I think) the fuel pump, the starter and ignition system isn't affected. As the 3rd gen setup is a development of the 2nd gen setup, I doubt that the starter & ignition system are affected by the immobiliser.

EddieM

Post by EddieM » 04 Feb 2020, 12:30

Thanks. I have a copy of the factory workshop manual (1300 odd pages) and the only place the immobiliser is mentioned is in the wiring diagrams. From what I've 'been able to work out is that it's connected to the 3 areas mentioned. What it doesn't tell me is what sort of mechanism is used. It only has 4 fine wires going it to it. If it's a diode or a fuse that is blown, then I think it could be just bypassed. If it's a pulse or light type set up then a bypass won't work. From what I have been able to find out is that they were only fitted the tail end of the TS model (mine was manufactured Sept '95) with V6 engines.

EddieM

Post by EddieM » 04 Feb 2020, 14:38

Thinking about it, you may be right about the starter as there are only 4 wires! So why won't the old girl crank over?
This all started because it would run for awhile and then cut out when it got to running temp. Let it cool down and it would start and stop again at running temp.

I replaced the ignition switch because for quite awhile it would not always crank over when you hit start, but would after a couple of try's. This would happen when the car had been sitting in the hot sun all day. Fine in the morning no good in the afternoon.

Since putting in the new ignition switch I have been able to get her to crank over. I even went to the wreckers to have a look at the wiring loom to double check I had the wires in the right place.

Hhuumm! Where to now?