For common faults and modifications.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- New Member
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 20 Nov 2019, 19:45
- State: New South Wales
- Model: Mitsubishi magma 2004 tl
- Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V DOHC
- Transmission: 4 Speed Tiptronic Automatic
Hi. Recently repaired a tappet cover leak including a stove pipe repair and replaced rear bank of plugs. Used standard plugs as planning to sell car as is over 350k already. On reassembly, car turns over but dont seem to have spark. Took photos before disassembly to ensure all hoses and sensors were correctly placed on reassembly. Have disconnected ecu behind console to reset and plugged back in. Have input 'w'agon and '3.5' on dash. Car was running fine before repairs. Please, please someone help. I know its got to something simple to correct. Thanks.
- Posts: 567
- Joined: 09 Apr 2011, 23:22
- State: Australian Capital Territory
- Model: Mitsubishi Magna TJ AWD
- Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V SOHC
If you can confirm that there is no spark, check that the wiring to the distributor from the ECU has not been disturbed. No spark could also be a result of the problems with crankshaft angle sensor or its wiring.