Exhaust options for KJ Verada

Getting the most out of your engine without breaking the bank.
VRX-WAGON
State: New South Wales
Model: 2000 KJ Verada V6Xi
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V SOHC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Exhaust options for KJ Verada

Post by VRX-WAGON » 22 Aug 2016, 16:35

Hey Guys,

Although there's nothing technically wrong with my currant exhaust, I'm sick of being pulled up by the Fuzz claiming it's to loud. As it is a standard factory exhaust minus the centre resonator as the welds failed and the resonator was removed and a standard piece of pipe was put in place effectivly straight piping it then it still has the standard rear muffler. So it now has that fruity buzz Magna / Verada exhausts are known for but it's still quieter then the 2.5 inch equivilant like on the TJ SPorts and VRX.

So as far as cat back bolt in units or even custom units, What do you guys have and or reccomend. Preferably if I can go for another factory style exhaust that'll give the cops metophircal up yours so to speak that'll be awesome. As the Cops up here around Port Macquarie there some what pains in the back side, They'll try to get you for any thing they can as I had a P plater in a 380 go past me with a louder exhaust and a broken tail light yet they came after me doing smack bang on 60 in a 60 zone as I knew they were sitting behind me.

Any exhausts and Model magna / verada they came off or custom exhaust suggestions will be great as if I can get a cat back for under $500 I'll be laughing. The only thing is I dont want it to loud a bit of noise will be fine but after the 2.5 inch redback unit I had on my Old KS Verada I dont want any thing full on like it again so something with a bit of throat but quiet on the highway and around town.
"You cannot communicate complicated information to large groups of people. As you increase the number of people, you have to decrease the complexity of the information". Andy Stanley

ADM
State: Queensland
Model: Magna AWD
Transmission: 5 Speed Tiptronic Automatic

Re: Exhaust options for KJ Verada

Post by ADM » 26 Sep 2016, 13:08

Assuming your car is FWD sedan, you could go to the wreckers/ebay/gumtree and get an exhaust from the cat back off a TJ VRX/Ralliart or the later TL/TW VR/VRX.
These had the factory mandrel bent 2.5" with a semi straight through sports muffler.
You'll get the handy power increase with a sporty exhaust note that is legal & IMO sounds much better that the raspy resonator delete (at least on a Magna V6).

VRX-WAGON
State: New South Wales
Model: 2000 KJ Verada V6Xi
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Re: Exhaust options for KJ Verada

Post by VRX-WAGON » 02 Oct 2016, 19:44

Yeap it's the standard front wheel drive beast being a V6Xi which unfortunately wasn't offered as an AWD, it's pretty much e stock running a manual conversion and 6G74 out of a 2005 KW Verada GTVI.

I was thinking of those but there's 2 factors in that being

1) finding one on the NSW Mid North Coast

2) Apparantly between the J and L W series there's a difference in the exhaust

But I do like the sound of the VRX / Sports / Verada GTV GTVI 2.5 inch exhaust and you ain't wrong about the currant one being raspy, It sounds nice at idle with a bit of throats but open it up and it sounds like Barry White singing with a mouth full of wasps.

If I can find one I can just bolt on I will grab it and If I have to pay for freight I'll do so, As it's a great cruiser it's just the exhaust now letting it down.
"You cannot communicate complicated information to large groups of people. As you increase the number of people, you have to decrease the complexity of the information". Andy Stanley