Re: Magna factory ECU tuning with ECUFlash/Evoscan

Technical information, definitions, advice, and support for factory ECU remapping, aftermarket systems, and much more.
Magneto
State: Northern Territory
Model: Magna TH
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V DOHC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Post by Magneto »

G'day knowledgeable people!

I'm having trouble working in out, but what is the best performance rom that a stock 3.5L TH manual can run? From what I am reading the Ralliart doesn't kick in until the TJ.

Many thanks!

Chris

WytWun
State: Australian Capital Territory
Model: Mitsubishi Magna TJ AWD
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V SOHC

Post by WytWun »

Magneto wrote:
23 Jan 2020, 14:56
I'm having trouble working in out, but what is the best performance rom that a stock 3.5L TH manual can run? From what I am reading the Ralliart doesn't kick in until the TJ.
No such thing as a "performance ROM" really - the only practical differences are in the maps and it is easy to copy and paste the maps from a TJ Ralliart ROM into the TH ROM from your car using ECUFlash. A genuine TJ Ralliart manual ECU (or a TJ manual ECU flashed with the Ralliart ROM) should also work in a TH, though possibly with the immobiliser disabled...

Note that most of the extra performance from the Ralliart was in the cams and the exhaust system. The power difference due to the slightly more aggressive ECU mapping as at most a couple of kW. Find yourself some 6G75 cams and a decently flowing exhaust system and you'll have most of the gains without having to touch the ECU.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Thanks WytWun. What about the TH Sport ROM, would that have any boost in performance?

WytWun
State: Australian Capital Territory
Model: Mitsubishi Magna TJ AWD
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V SOHC

Post by WytWun »

Magneto wrote:
06 Feb 2020, 14:20
Thanks WytWun. What about the TH Sport ROM, would that have any boost in performance?
I don't believe so; if any performance gain was advertised for the TH Sport over the TH Executive I think it would almost certainly have been due to exhaust changes (specifically the muffler, as for the TJ Sports)... Except for the Ralliart ROMs all the factory 3rd gen ROMs I have in my collection, both H8 and SH2, have identical fuel & ignition maps.

Clarification: all the non-Ralliart 3.5l (i.e. 6G74) Magna/Verada ROMs have identical fuel & ignition maps. All the 3.0l (6G72) Magna/Verada ROMs have identical fuel & ignition maps too though of course different to the 6G74 maps. The USDM DIamante ROMs (all 6G74) also all have the same fuel & ignition maps but these are different to the Magna/Verada 6G74 ROMs because these cars have knock sensors and the associated high & low octane ignition maps to support the wide variation in US fuel octane ratings.

Magneto

Post by Magneto »

Thanks WytWun