TS Magna Immobiliser bypass

Technical information, definitions, advice, and support for factory ECU remapping, aftermarket systems, and much more.
EddieM
State: Queensland
Model: Mitsubishi Magna 1995 TS
Engine: 3.0-Litre 6G72 V6 12V SOHC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

TS Magna Immobiliser bypass

Post by EddieM »

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and was wondering if any one can tell me how to bypass the immobiliser in a 1995 TS Magna V6 manual. I am unable to start my car as I believe the immobilser has be tripped. When I turn the key nothing happens. I think this affects the Power Transistor, Fuel pump and starter motor.

Thanks

WytWun
State: Australian Capital Territory
Model: Mitsubishi Magna TJ AWD
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V SOHC

Re: TS Magna Immobiliser bypass

Post by WytWun »

EddieM wrote:
02 Feb 2020, 13:52
I'm new to this site and was wondering if any one can tell me how to bypass the immobiliser in a 1995 TS Magna V6 manual. I am unable to start my car as I believe the immobilser has be tripped. When I turn the key nothing happens. I think this affects the Power Transistor, Fuel pump and starter motor.
I have little information about the 2nd gen setup, but the 3rd gen immobiliser only takes out the injectors and (I think) the fuel pump, the starter and ignition system isn't affected. As the 3rd gen setup is a development of the 2nd gen setup, I doubt that the starter & ignition system are affected by the immobiliser.

EddieM

Post by EddieM »

Thanks. I have a copy of the factory workshop manual (1300 odd pages) and the only place the immobiliser is mentioned is in the wiring diagrams. From what I've 'been able to work out is that it's connected to the 3 areas mentioned. What it doesn't tell me is what sort of mechanism is used. It only has 4 fine wires going it to it. If it's a diode or a fuse that is blown, then I think it could be just bypassed. If it's a pulse or light type set up then a bypass won't work. From what I have been able to find out is that they were only fitted the tail end of the TS model (mine was manufactured Sept '95) with V6 engines.

EddieM

Post by EddieM »

Thinking about it, you may be right about the starter as there are only 4 wires! So why won't the old girl crank over?
This all started because it would run for awhile and then cut out when it got to running temp. Let it cool down and it would start and stop again at running temp.

I replaced the ignition switch because for quite awhile it would not always crank over when you hit start, but would after a couple of try's. This would happen when the car had been sitting in the hot sun all day. Fine in the morning no good in the afternoon.

Since putting in the new ignition switch I have been able to get her to crank over. I even went to the wreckers to have a look at the wiring loom to double check I had the wires in the right place.

Hhuumm! Where to now?

EddieM

Post by EddieM »

Hi All, Just letting you know that I have been able to successfully bypass the immobiliser and the car is now up and running again.

keller212
Model: 2000 TJ Magna
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V DOHC
Transmission: 5 Speed Tiptronic Automatic

Post by keller212 »

Can you please explain how you bypassed the immobilizer ?. I am having the same issue no injector pulse & I can get it to fire up if I use some starting Spray.

From what I gather the immobilizer in my 2000 Magna Advance V6 3.5l Auto (TE, I think) is integrated into the BEM... The ECU has a metal housing not black plastic housing like I see in photos... There is also a white connector next to OBD2 plug with 2 wires.

keller212

Post by keller212 »

Any advice is greatly appreciated!
:)

WytWun

Post by WytWun »

keller212 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 23:53
Can you please explain how you bypassed the immobilizer ?. I am having the same issue no injector pulse & I can get it to fire up if I use some starting Spray.
If you can start it with ether and it continues to run (not sure from your description whether that's what you mean) it isn't the immobiliser as that kills the injectors completely; if it fires but won't continue to run the immobiliser is likely a problem. Immobiliser problem can be caused by issues with the key receiver antenna around the key barrel and possibly wiring issues with the BEM connector (though that seems to have mostly been an early TJ issue, see [url]https://martybugs.net/articles/magna-stall.cgi[/url] for some info) - you can try unplugging and replugging any connectors in the related wiring as well as jiggling directly related wires in those connectors.
keller212 wrote:
14 Apr 2020, 23:53
From what I gather the immobilizer in my 2000 Magna Advance V6 3.5l Auto (TE, I think) is integrated into the BEM... The ECU has a metal housing. There is also a white connector next to OBD2 plug with 2 wires.
2000 model with metal housing ECU would be a TH - these have the immobiliser code in the BEM but the immobiliser can be disabled in the ECU by reflashing. Quite different setup to @EddieM's TS. The white connector with 2 wires is the reflashing connector. Reflashing the ECU would require an OpenPort 2.0 cable - see the [url=https://modifiedmitsubishi.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=170]reflashing thread[/url] for more info.

keller212

Post by keller212 »

What I meant was it fires up for a moment with starting spray then stops once the fumes are burnt up.

Is it possible to hack/modify a VAG COM cable to use with EcuFlash to disable the immobilizer ?

Cheers.

stumagoo
State: Western Australia
Model: Mitsubishi pajero

Post by stumagoo »

apparently some Vag com cables worked with real early ecuflash versions but not for few years. in reality using the openport 2 setup is much preferable - if the out lay is an issue talk real nice and see if someone local will help you out and reflash it for you

keller212

Post by keller212 »

I ended up buying one, got it for $120 including express post & Australian stock. So will see how it goes next week hopefully...

Just out of curiosity, is it theoretically possible to bypass the immobilizer by hard wiring in some way ?

:D

WytWun

Post by WytWun »

keller212 wrote:
15 Apr 2020, 23:00
Just out of curiosity, is it theoretically possible to bypass the immobilizer by hard wiring in some way ?
Only by substituting another BEM (or something that responds to the ECU's query like a BEM) with exactly the same code as the original BEM.