Re: Magna factory ECU tuning with ECUFlash/Evoscan

Technical information, definitions, advice, and support for factory ECU remapping, aftermarket systems, and much more.
slovrx
State: South Australia
Engine: Something else

Post by slovrx » 04 Jan 2013, 17:15

WytWun wrote:ECUFlash v1.44 has been released. For those with OpenPort 2.0s, be aware that it will apply a firmware update to the OP which may prevent you downgrading to an older version if v1.44 turns out not to work so well for you - I haven't tested it myself so have no specific advice for/against and I'm not (yet) aware of any features/fixes that would make an update worthwhile for users of the definitions I've released.
cheers for the update im doing a couple of things on the weekend to a TJ so i will update mine then. I know of a tuner in NSW who has updated his with no dramas so far.
Seems they have fixed quite a bit too, am glad to see it can log time/date properly now via sd, i presume you have to plug it in to usb to time it then leave it plugged in to the car in order to keep the time.

i hope to be back in a magna soon enough, so bcx and myself can get back to modding the h8. Its hard playing with it and no having a car anymore to test it out on :lol:

Life
Administrator
State: Queensland
Model: 2001 KJ Verada XI
Engine: 3.8-Litre 6G75 V6 24V SOHC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Post by Life » 24 Feb 2013, 17:46

I've sent Andy a pm asking this question but is anybodyt currently working on dev code for coil on plug (wasted spark) for an sh2 magna ecu?

I want to piss off the distributor to clean up the bay a little.
ModifiedMitsubishi ////// Website Engineer
ModifiedMitsubishi ////// [url=hhttp://www.modifiedmitsubishi.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38773]Life's 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR 2.0T 6sp TC-SST[/url]

BCX
Model: Mitsubishi Galant VR4
Engine: 2.5-Litre 6A13-TT V6 24V DOHC

Post by BCX » 25 Feb 2013, 22:26

What are you going to use in place of the dizzy is the first question (to substitute Cam Angle Signal - ecu uses this to find TDC as Crank Angle is purely an interrupt to drive coil/injector code routine)

After that, the code port can take place.
8th Gen Galant VR4
MK Triton [6G74 conversion]

Life
Administrator

Post by Life » 25 Feb 2013, 22:43

BCX wrote:What are you going to use in place of the dizzy is the first question (to substitute Cam Angle Signal - ecu uses this to find TDC as Crank Angle is purely an interrupt to drive coil/injector code routine)

After that, the code port can take place.
380 cam angle sensor.
ModifiedMitsubishi ////// [url=hhttp://www.modifiedmitsubishi.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38773]Life's 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR 2.0T 6sp TC-SST[/url]

BCX

Post by BCX » 25 Feb 2013, 22:58

can you confim if the output is the same as the magna?

If you know someone with an oscilloscope and a working 380, get the output (starting with longest pulse) and note approx rpm too. We need to workout the duration of the pulses in degrees...

I can check a magna and my vr4 (which i suspect are the same), then compare sensor output to 380.
8th Gen Galant VR4

Life
Administrator

Post by Life » 25 Feb 2013, 23:01

BCX wrote:can you confim if the output is the same as the magna?

If you know someone with an oscilloscope and a working 380, get the output (starting with longest pulse) and note approx rpm too. We need to workout the duration of the pulses in degrees...

I can check a magna and my vr4 (which i suspect are the same), then compare sensor output to 380.
Is there any way to do it without an oscilloscope? I know somebody with a 380 :)

Edit: I have an idea... Would the 380 service manual have a test procedure with specs?

Life
Administrator

Post by Life » 25 Apr 2013, 11:19

Andy requested this, forgot to save before changes so changes are: ralliart ignition map, immob delete.

00 TJ Sports Manual 3.5
Attachments
00 TJ Sports 3.5 Manual.zip
(61.49 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

BCX

Post by BCX » 17 May 2013, 00:25

Life wrote:
BCX wrote:can you confim if the output is the same as the magna?

Is there any way to do it without an oscilloscope? I know somebody with a 380 :)

Edit: I have an idea... Would the 380 service manual have a test procedure with specs?
Oscilloscope only way unfortunately, unless the OEM manual has specs of the output.
8th Gen Galant VR4

WytWun
Valued Contributor
State: Australian Capital Territory
Model: Mitsubishi Magna TJ AWD
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V SOHC

Post by WytWun » 05 Jul 2013, 22:48

TJTime wrote:Any news on the ROM development, Andy??
Just a bit of an update on this topic arising from recent research: using one of the SH2 Diamante ROMs as a base for mods will only work for cars fitted with auto ECUs (be they auto or converted to manual) as the RAM addresses used by the code don't exist in the manual ECUs :(

2002TJMagna
Model: TJ
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V DOHC

Post by 2002TJMagna » 28 Aug 2013, 14:08

Guys im in need of Def 82000001 can anyone help ? It doesnt appear in the download starter kit ? Cheers

WytWun
Valued Contributor

Post by WytWun » 28 Aug 2013, 23:59

2002TJMagna wrote:Guys im in need of Def 82000001 can anyone help ? It doesnt appear in the download starter kit ? Cheers
That's because it doesn't exist yet as I've not got a copy of that ROM - if you can send it to me I can do something about that (PM me for my email address).

You can try copying 82000002.xml to 82000001.xml and editing the string in the <internalidhex> section to 82000001. Be warned however that this isn't foolproof and there can be differences in the location of data in the ROM even though the version ID suggests they're very close.

2002TJMagna
Model: TJ
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V DOHC

Post by 2002TJMagna » 29 Aug 2013, 09:03

cool pm sent

WytWun
Valued Contributor

Post by WytWun » 26 Dec 2013, 14:29

WytWun wrote:
TJTime wrote:Any news on the ROM development, Andy??
Just a bit of an update on this topic arising from recent research: using one of the SH2 Diamante ROMs as a base for mods will only work for cars fitted with auto ECUs (be they auto or converted to manual) as the RAM addresses used by the code don't exist in the manual ECUs :(
Additionally it looks like the SH2 Diamante ECUs are linked to the ETACS system and thus not easily transplantable to Magnas/Veradas. Some of the code can probably be spliced into Magna/Verada ROMs with some work though...

WytWun
Valued Contributor

Magna factory ECU tuning with ECUFlash/Evoscan

Post by WytWun » 23 Jul 2014, 00:11

It has taken quite some time, but I've finallly managed to complete an update to the definition collection :!:

See post number 3 in this thread...

From the change log:
- restructure use of include files for auto trans maps
- rationalise map naming so Diamante (which has Hi/Low Octane fuel/ignition maps) uses the same base definitions as the Magna/Verada (which only has Low Octane fuel/ignition maps)
- considerably expand the map coverage, including:
-+ EGR solenoid duty cycle (Diamante)
-+ cranking related maps
-+ ISCV control related maps
-+ MAF scaling related maps
- expand H8 definitions and integrate with base definition
- add several additional Diamante definitions

Enjoy!

WytWun
Valued Contributor

Post by WytWun » 24 Jul 2014, 00:17

Some notes that didn't get added to the README file before uploading... :(

1) EGR Solenoid Duty Cycle #2 map appears not to be used in Magna/Verada ROMs, based on logging and some other references. I've included it for reference as it isn't yet clear whether it is also unused in the Diamante ROMs.

2) presentation of the two IPW Adjustment vs Cranking Time maps is based on my understanding of the code. I'm aware that others may not think they work the way that I'm presenting them, but some information in Graham Bell's Four Stroke Performance Tuning (4th ed) suggests my presentation is at least plausible so I've decided to release them in this form. They may change in the future as further information comes to light...