Re: Magna factory ECU tuning with ECUFlash/Evoscan

Technical information, definitions, advice, and support for factory ECU remapping, aftermarket systems, and much more.
WytWun
State: Australian Capital Territory
Model: Mitsubishi Magna TJ AWD
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V SOHC

Post by WytWun »

Attached are my work-in-progress definitions for a number of 3rd gen ECUs.
UPDATED: 17 July 2017 - updated definition set
MagnaECUDefinitions-20170717.zip
Magna/Verada/Diamante ECU definitions 17July2017
(676.38 KiB) Downloaded 323 times
PLEASE NOTE: The ZIP file available for download prior to the 7th of August 2017 was in fact a 7-Zip archive :( (AIM: 6Aug17)

While apparently not as extensive in map support as others, I have managed to cross check the maps included with several different reference sources and am reasonably confident they're correct. The maps included cover most of the tuning done by the likes of SKR, from what I've seen of 2 different SKR modified ROMs, except for some of the periphery bits (as they're called in the Evo community; essentially option flags or switches) which I'm still attempting to decode/validate.

TJ onwards auto ECUs have 512kB ROMs. ECUFlash by default doesn't contain a vehicle type that will read/flash the whole ROMs, though using the Evo 9 vehicle type (in either ECUFlash or Evoscan) may work for some TL/TW auto ECUs. To read/reflash the full 512kB with ECUFlash, install the attached custom "read template" file in the "read templates" subdirectory in the rommetadata directory of the ECUFlash installation, and then select the "Evo7 GT-A/01+ Magna AT" vehicle type. The auto ECU definitions in the above attachment expect 512kB ROM files - please read the enclosed README.txt to see how to use 256kb incomplete ROM files with them. ECUFlash will trash files if you get it wrong :(
read_evo7gta.zip
Evo7 GT-A/01+ Magna AT read template for ECUFlash
(301 Bytes) Downloaded 753 times
Restored: Collection of Magna/Verada ROMs previously available from a now deleted post -
MM_ROMs.7z
Old MM collection of Magna/Verada ROMs
(385.38 KiB) Downloaded 383 times
NB:You will need the 7-Zip archiver to extract the ROM image files from this archive.
Last edited by WytWun on 07 Aug 2017, 00:14, edited 14 times in total.

TJTime
Model: TJ2 Sports

Post by TJTime »

Really have to thank you for teaching us how to do this magic! The ralliart tune is great!

You wouldn't be able to printscreen some custom fuel and ignition maps you have found from other people? We'd prefer not to release whole tunes out into the public and I wouldn't mind having a squiz!!
MUCHOS PUNANI!

99TH VRX
State: International
Engine: 3.8-Litre 6G75 V6 24V SOHC

Post by 99TH VRX »

Last edited by 99TH VRX on 07 Jun 2011, 04:33, edited 1 time in total.

TJTime

Post by TJTime »

Naww maybe pm to me please? Kinda looking for an excuse to pop the engine and finish off the 6g75 build in my backyard... PWEEEEESE?!? <3
MUCHOS PUNANI!

Life
Administrator
State: Queensland
Model: 2001 KJ Verada XI
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Post by Life »

Jason we would love to see them. Purely for comparisons of course. Did a little playing around with an ECU today (TJTime's). Also Ben can you zip and send me the ROM files read from my ECU so I can forward them to Andy.
ModifiedMitsubishi ////// Website Engineer
ModifiedMitsubishi ////// [url=hhttp://www.modifiedmitsubishi.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38773]Life's 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR 2.0T 6sp TC-SST[/url]

TJTime

Post by TJTime »

No worries dean, can you ask dearest Andy to screenshot the fuel and ign maps???
MUCHOS PUNANI!

Life
Administrator

Post by Life »

Its his choice not to redistribute Ben. People do pay Steve for these tunes and I'm sure they would not want any details published about them without permission. Speak to the people who have done it instead.
ModifiedMitsubishi ////// [url=hhttp://www.modifiedmitsubishi.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=38773]Life's 2010 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution MR 2.0T 6sp TC-SST[/url]

99TH VRX
State: International

Post by 99TH VRX »

Last edited by 99TH VRX on 07 Jun 2011, 04:34, edited 1 time in total.

TJTime

Post by TJTime »

Lol fair enough, I just hope the people that wait get something in the end!
MUCHOS PUNANI!

TJTime

Post by TJTime »

Dean, here are all the tunes I have of yours and mine, including the TJ2 ralliart tune that I have in my car.
MUCHOS PUNANI!

Shiloh76
State: South Australia
Model: 380

Post by Shiloh76 »

I have a TL running a 4spd auto. Have recently acquired a spare ECU from a TJ 4spd. Would I be correct in thinking that I could read & download the TL ECU data and write to the TJ one (thus retaining immobiliser function from the TL ECU), and then proceed to edit/reflash the TJ one (now with TL data) so as to keep the original ECU as a spare in case I wish to return to it to stock?

WytWun

Post by WytWun »

Shiloh76 wrote:I have a TL running a 4spd auto. Have recently acquired a spare ECU from a TJ 4spd. Would I be correct in thinking that I could read & download the TL ECU data and write to the TJ one (thus retaining immobiliser function from the TL ECU), and then proceed to edit/reflash the TJ one (now with TL data) so as to keep the original ECU as a spare in case I wish to return to it to stock?
I understand that there are some harness differences between the TJ & TL/TW which makes it inadvisable to run a TJ rom in a TL/TW or vice versa. It is more likely than not that the actual ECU hardware is the same, so what you propose should work okay. If it doesn't, you at least have a Plan B ;)

I wouldn't mind copies of the ROMs from both ECUs when you get that far, to further develop the definition file collection. If you send them to me directly, I won't redistribute the ROMs but will publish definition files if they aren't already up. If you're happy for them to be public, talk to Life about putting them up.

WytWun

Post by WytWun »

TJTime wrote:Really have to thank you for teaching us how to do this magic! The ralliart tune is great!
No problem! And great to meet some of you and put faces to "names" ;)

Glad you're enjoying what you've done 8-) but the phrase "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" does come to mind :P
TJTime wrote:You wouldn't be able to printscreen some custom fuel and ignition maps you have found from other people? We'd prefer not to release whole tunes out into the public and I wouldn't mind having a squiz!!
Sorry, the modified ROMs I have were given to me for the purposes of compiling definitions on the understanding I'd publish the definitions but not the modified ROMs (and that includes screenshots of the maps too).

Cheers,
Andy.

Caz_375
State: New South Wales
Model: 2005 TW Series 2 VRX AWD
Engine: 3.5-Litre 6G74 V6 24V DOHC
Transmission: 5 Speed Tiptronic Automatic

Post by Caz_375 »

WytWun wrote:
TJTime wrote:Really have to thank you for teaching us how to do this magic! The ralliart tune is great!
No problem! And great to meet some of you and put faces to "names" ;)

Glad you're enjoying what you've done 8-) but the phrase "fools rush in where angels fear to tread" does come to mind :P
TJTime wrote:You wouldn't be able to printscreen some custom fuel and ignition maps you have found from other people? We'd prefer not to release whole tunes out into the public and I wouldn't mind having a squiz!!
Sorry, the modified ROMs I have were given to me for the purposes of compiling definitions on the understanding I'd publish the definitions but not the modified ROMs (and that includes screenshots of the maps too).

Cheers,
Andy.

Likewise Andy, and thanks for taking the time to call in and show us a thing or two it was much appreciated :)

Theory before practical :) And there's a lot of theory to get my head around first!

Life
Administrator

Post by Life »

TJTime wrote:Dean, here are all the tunes I have of yours and mine, including the TJ2 ralliart tune that I have in my car.
Ben I've removed your attachment as posting them is a security risk - They contain our immob codes! Andy attachment coming. Interesting the TH roms are 128kb?