Hello / Looking for old car - CC Lancer Coupe Turbo 748WRC

For events, meets, and information about MMC in WA.

Moderator: Events Team

masTers
State: Western Australia
Model: Lancer Evolution VI RS & TME
Engine: 2.0-Litre 4G63 Turbo I4 16V DOHC
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual

Hello / Looking for old car - CC Lancer Coupe Turbo 748WRC

Post by masTers »

Hi All,

My name is Steve and I have been a life long Lancer tragic. I've somewhat recently embarked on a quest to either buy back my first car, or convince the current owner to sell me back the licence plates that were on it. Oddly a few random google searches led me to this forum, so bit of a long shot, but someone may know the current owner.

The car was a 1995 CC Coupe that had a 4G93t conversion in it. At the time it was one of the only ones in Perth (2002-3). The conversion was done by John Purhouse at Mitsubie Auto Recyclers in Malaga. The car is Midnight Blue, and at the time of sale had a C-west body kit on it with some Sparco WRC wheels.

The car had the registration "748 WRC". A quick check of the licencing website shows it is currently unregistered, and the plate are unavailable, so even if the car isn't with us anymore, I'd love the owner to sell me the plates so I can put them on my TME. I realise it is a massive long shot, but you don't ask you don't get. I believe I sold it to someone named Daniel who sold office furniture in 2005, and was then spotted in Northbridge for a number of years after that.

As stated I currently have a TME I am restoring, and I also have a VI RS that I use as a hill climb / sprint car.

Cheers,

Steve